Hello...


Hello friends, I know I have not been keeping up with the blog for weeks and I do apologize for disappointing you time and again with promises of regular postings and my travel pictures.

With the continuous bad luck that's plaguing my family this year. I seriously wish for more time, for more than 24 hours in a day and the ability to not sleep. I am struggling to keep things and my sanity together.

As you know, about 2 months ago, my paternal grandmother passed away due to a viral infection to her lung and that was a dark period. Following that, just a few weeks ago, my maternal granny that I love very very much was hospitalized and diagnosed with colon cancer and according to the doctor, she might only have half a year to live...

I felt like someone stuck a jagged knife into my heart and spin the blade. Why her? Of so many illness, why does it has to be cancer? I wish this is all a dream and I will eventually wake up from this nightmare. The thought of her having to suffer the pain of cancer and leaving us, especially so soon is so difficult to digest and sleep was minimal.

"You only know the pain when it is your flesh that's bitten."

last week, she had to go through a major risk operation to remove the cancerous growth that was causing her pain. She was a good girl and drank the fluid that the doctor needed her to drink before the op even thought that made her feel like shit. I am counting my blessing that she made it through the operation and now resting at home.

Tomorrow, her report will be out and the doctor will update my aunt on the spread of the cancer.  I am not sure if I want to know the result. If the cancer has spread and she only has months to live, we are thinking of keeping the truth from her for fear of alarming her and upsetting her. Is this right of us?

I am seriously praying for the cancer to be contained in that growth that was removed and she could live till a ripe old age because I seriously doubt my ability to handle her dismissal...

(+ source )