The Bunny Rabbit

 
Hello friends! As mentioned in my earlier post, I did promise to explain why I choose the bunny rabbit as Fleur Avenue's ambassador, didn't i? So, here's a post to answer "Why a bunny rabbit?".

For a long time, I was looking for an animal to represent Fleur Avenue but never had time to actually do much research. The opportunity came when I had to unfortunately take a long break from the blog and the shop due to the change of environment, personal issues and some bad people who decided to take advantage of the weak situation I was in.

Nevertheless, life goes on and I wasn't going to let myself cry over spilt milk any longer and letting these bad people win just isn't right. Yes I fell, but I'm going to stand up, think positive and find the good in the bad. The break gave me loads of time to reflect, rethink and reorganize my thoughts about my life and about Fleur Avenue, In the meantime I was also attending lectures on fashion and business, so that kind of inspired me and straighten my thoughts.

So my first step for Fleur Avenue was to find an animal to represent Fleur Avenue. Why an animal? Well because I have always imagine Fleur Avenue to be like a florist with a  magical garden, forest full of lovely flowers, fairies, birds and little animals gathering around. Just like in fairytales. Fleur Avenue is like a florist. Her beautiful flowers are jewellery and accessories to beautify women as flowers do to earth and to put smiles on women as flowers do.

So, I did my research on several animals and I found the rabbit's personality to be the ideal animal I'd like Fleur Avenue to be associated with.

Femininity
"archetypal symbols of femininity" - Terri

Confidence
"Rabbit teaches us that you are what you perceive yourself to be...they teach us to assume self-worth as well." - rabbit.org

Bravery
"represent Bravery as they defend their territory against the others, be it dog, cat or human...Rabbit always has contingency plans for everything." - rabbit.org

Intelligence
'"real' rabbits zigzag in complex patterns to escape predators; the symbol evoked is that one is more intelligent and quicker than those in pursuit. "- rabbit.org
"The Rabbit survives by its wits and is a quick thinker." - crystal-cure

Symbol of Love and Fertility
"One of the favorite animals of the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. Being a symbol of fertility, the Rabbit is very beneficial to woman...rabbit is very lucky in love" -  crystal-cure

 Luck, Power and Success
" To see a rabbit in your dream, signifies luck, magical power, and success." -
  
Magical
"they could carry messages from humankind to the faeries." - Terri

A Personal Reason for making me more incline to choose the bunny rabbit over another animal is because my little sister is born in the year of the rabbit and she's my sweet cutie bunny pie. She's my pillar of support and my best friend.  She's always cheering me up when I'm down. My greatest fan (She would steal my clothes to copy my looks) and from the time I started Fleur Avenue, she's been ultra supportive. Always commenting on how beautiful the pieces are and how much she wants to buy them all. She also gives me a hand with my mom when I had loads of order to complete. Assisting me with wrapping, stamping and at times when I can't decide, she gives me a hand in deciding for example which colour bead to pick. She's a precious gift from God to me, my bunny angel. 

Therefore, it's my wish that everyone who wears fleur avenue jewellery will identify with these values and be blessed with a bunny in their life who can be their pillar of strength and support.