couture muse _ scarves

There was a time, I felt silk scarves were meant for grannies, aunties and just outdated.....
::
last week, I went shopping and bought a new crinkle cotton scarf! *count* this is my 5Th crinkle ones, a sea foam green from m)phosis. Thinking about it, I seem to have a fetish with scarves. I have silk, fleece, felt, wool, satin, cotton, Lycra... etc...wow come to think about it I have quite a number of scarves! BUT sadly, I always wear them in the normal fashion till my dad's staff asked me today. "um how many ways can you wear a scarf? do you know?" I was stumped. Challenged, I decided to do my research and my oh my, there's so many different ways you could wear them! It's like the most versatile fashion accessory one could have, seriously!

Here's what I put together on silk scarves today! :) Over the next week, I aim to have the 101 on scarves, how do you wear them, the different types of scarves...etc (What to expect?) There's going to be ruffles, thin, layer, thieves, ... etc types coming up when I put them all together set by set. So, keep watch if you are just as craze about scarves as me. :D


(click picture to zoom)
Emilio Pucci Cashmere Print Scarf - Net-A-Porter.com
Bindya Print Butterfly Scarf - Nordstorm
Diane von Furstenberg 'Arcadia' Diamond Silk Scarf - Nordstorm
Emilio Pucci Miri print scarf - Net-A-Porter.com
Louis Vuitton Monogram
Classic Square - Louis Vuitton
bone mini coloration dote muffler - Zipia.net ( the good news! they reduced the minimum order to $300 for the summer!)


Tying Guide ::
The square knot
This makes a smooth, well proportioned knot that lies flat. It is really a double knot - take care to do the actual tying with the same end of the scarf for both knots.


The Wraparound
Elegant and good for keeping your neck warm!

Fold your scarf on the bias, then loop it twice around your neck, leaving the two ends hanging down to the front. Tie the ends in a square knot.


The Twist
A very elegant style that isn't hard to tie.

Fold your scarf on the bias, making it fairly thin. Drape it around your neck and cross the two ends, then twist them around each other. Tie the ends in a small square knot at the back of your neck.


You could also find some lovely scarves over at ETSY:
Nautical Vintage Scarf USD $10 - Schmoo1515.etsy.com
Vintage Silk Sacha Scarf USD $12 - Cocoandluna.etsy.com
Patterned silk blend neckerchief scarf USD $15 - Ladiesofleisure.etsy.com

P.S ** All scarf tying diagrams are from Tasaram, an online store with a collection of Asian-inspired designs silk scarves.