Backstage at LFW S/S11


Maxfactor with Twenty8Twelve at LFW S/S 2011. 

I love how Pat McGrath talks and the words used about Max Factor's products. Doesn't she sound convincing? Especially on the Xperience Volume Mascara, she said "amazing lift...fantastic volume...very light weight...i am wearing it myself...full flutter...am a big big fan...and you get volume...it's so divine".  So I went back to "1.21" and indeed the lashes on the model does look beautifully natural but I don't see volume, maybe she could do with more layering. On the foundation being "superbly light"- not tried but looking at "1:16", the foundation on the model's skin looks thick and heavy slimy (ew!). On the other hand, on it giving a "flawless coverage" - yes, see "1.09". Maybe they should edit "1:16" out so I can be convinced? Nevertheless, I love the idea of a "strong lip" against a "natural polished" skin. It's doll-like. 

Points to note to achieve Twenty8twelve's look:
  • "natural polished look" 
  • "flawless" 
  • "strong lip" - lip liner is very important!
  • "healthy glowing" skin 

Back to Twenty8twelve's LFW S/S 2011, these are my favourites from the show.








click on the video to watch the full runway show.




(images: style)