Learn Korean

넘버원코리안 No.1 korean MV - 'ㄱ.ㄴ.ㄷ' (Korean Alphabet)

I think learning anything completely new can be difficult and even more so if the lessons, teachers and/or the materials are boring, dull and not interactive. If a speaker speaks in a monotonous voice, isn’t it hard to keep yours eyes open and concentrate? For me, it’s just a matter of time that you will see my head nodding. Not in agreement but in slumber.

So I have a short attention span, I daydream loads, distracts easily, more of a visual learner than a listener. I need lessons to be interesting and I prefer to learn it on my own instead of going to classes and most importantly, I like fast results. Gosh, what a difficult person this is! I know.

Passion drives me and boredom kills me. Driven, I searched high and low and finally came across a couple of interesting sources and videos that's engaging and helpful. So far, so good, consonants and vowels – memorized, so now I am able to read and pronounce...at the speed of a snail, I need more practice, but considering it only took me a couple of days to memorize. Not bad at all.

So if you’re interested, you might want to check out some of the learning sources listed below:

1. Talk To Me in Korean – (podcasts, pdfs, videos)  - I absolutely adore and enjoy. Their podcast are humorous, short and sweet, informative and straight to the point. Videos and pdfs acts as helpful visual aids. ***** (5 stars)
2. Sweetandtasty's "Professor Oh's" youtube lessons - (video) - funny and creative, the downside, there's only 3 lessons.
3. Say Jack - (interactive) - write, pronounce and learn to type in korean!
4. Seemile and Vank - (videos) - feels like high school, there's a teacher + a blackboard + chalk sounds, go for this if you prefer a classroom style teaching. (Both Seemile and Vank have podcast that you can subscribe to.) 
5. Korean Flash Cards - flash cards! improve vocabulary.