The day before 2010.

Hello lovelies, Christmas is over and now it's a day away from 2010...( I know, time flies! I can't believe year 2009 is almost coming to an end, I have yet to get my drivers license and *counts* it's been 7 months since I started this blog and to have you lovelies with me and enjoying the daily posts made this year extra special! )


 unknown

What is a good way to start the new year right other than celebrating with some champagne and fireworks! ( hint : image above ) Writing down new year resolutions and um hopefully sticking to it too. So, days ago, I surf the net for "tips on keeping resolutions" and I came across 2 pretty interesting sites that I think you and I should try out.

First up, 43 things - a very easy to navigate site with a very clean interface. It acts like a to do list checklist, where you could create your own goals or browse/add goals people created and monitor.


You'll be surprised how many people has the same goals as you do. Each specific goal has a page of its own that informs you the average time to complete your goal although I am not sure if that's accurate since different people work at different pace and there's even tips from people who had already accomplish those goals, which I find very motivating. ( pictured below)


There's more. After you create a resolution, click on "I want to do this" and you can set a reminder and the interval for it to be emailed to you. You can also write entries for each goal to document your progress. AND if you have got an Iphone... yes there's a 43things application for the Iphone! How nice! Now say wow.

P.S: Remember to sign up for an account for your resolutions to be stored. I learnt it the hard way... that's why there's only 3 resolutions up there :/

Next, Habit Forge, a site that helps you create or break habits by sending you a daily reminder via email. Which I feel works great side by side with 43things to help complete your goals and resolution. I have created an example to show you how it works.

 
For example. I entered my goal as "get 8 hours of beauty sleep each day". Habit forge will send me a daily email asking me "Were you successful yesterday at ( sleeping at least 8 hours. )"?  If I say "yes" for 21 days in a row, then I will have succeeded in creating this new habit. But if I miss a day in saying yes, I will have to start back at day one. ( that will suck big time! )

There's also a place to enter motivation!


This is where you enter the consequences if you do not follow through the 21 days habit former. For example, I entered my fears as " wrinkles, very bad skin and a very bad temper. " This is because if I get reminded ( every 3 days ) "Brenda, if you don't sleep, you will get very bad skin, wrinkles and very bad temper" I will jump and hurry to bed. So enter something which will make you tick and not something that will make you go "oh well... I can still deal with that."

Since habit forge works on a 21 day basis, to form and break habits. It will only work for goals that require repetition and not for resolutions such as finding inner confidence or getting into university.

If weight loss/gain is on your list of resolutions,  you might want to check out MyPlate, it counts your daily food calorie intake, calories burnt and lets you keep a fitness log.  :)

I hope you find these few goal setting sites useful and thanks for keeping me company on my little blog all these while! The blog is never perfect and I can also run out of ideas so if there's something you like to see on this blog, feel free to let me know!!

I wish all of you a prosperous 2010! Happy New Year!
 
xoxo,
Brenda.

P.S : There be a January 2010 calender printable resource to be download next year ( yes. that's tomorrow ) So please check back!! :) !