parle francais






I'm going to spend 30 mins each day to go through "Beginner's french guide by Catrine Carpenter". It's recommended by the counter staff at Kinokuniya, with 272 page coursebook + 2 audio CDs that's compatible with iPod & mp3 players. This book cost me SGD $57.65, approx USD $39.75.

Have gone through a few chapters and it's seems really good. It's clear and teaches you step by step, and there's even pictures to guide you along! Since, I'm more of a visual learner, this works for me.

One semester, I took up like 8 major modules, and all the date lines and exams were like on the same week. There just wasn't enough time for me to learn all 4 topics + complete my fashion shoot + dress up my fashion merchandising display..etc.

There was 4 topics to be tested
- introduction
- hotel reservation
- directions
- at the restaurant.

I decided to just learn 3 topics and skip the direction.

What's the probability of getting directions anyway? God, I was so wrong. It was like God decided to teach me a lesson and let me pick the slip that says "DIRECTION". Can you believe it? Anyway Jerome was like really disappointed. :(
Since that has always been in my mind, I made a pact with Bernita that the next time we go to Paris. I want to be able to speak french like fluently... instead of just going "marche?" parle anglais?" "un peu francais" "oui..non"

Wish me luck!

I have attached 2 french songs by Charlie
recommend by my brother Jerome ( who is a very nice french guy, he's good looking and he's single!) he reads my blog you see... so I need to credit and compliment him a little. :P

Please let me know if you have a book or a method to recommend!